Saturday, February 11, 2012
Big Picture Online classes featuring May Flaum/Hospital Trip
I have been so excited about this class. May is doing some awesome techniques using my favorite things in ways I never could have imagined. She just started the class last Wednesday and I have watched and learned several things so far. Check her out!! I have her posted on the right side of my blog - The curious scrapbookers field guide; 12 weeks of techniques and creative play. I didn't buy but two things for this class the rest I figured I would use from my stash.
I wish I could actually play with my stuff but I woke up Wednesday in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and tripped over the dog cage that I accidently left in my bathroom. I almost fell but caught myself on the counter. I thought I had broke my toe and hobbled back to the bed when dh rushed in and saw blood all over the floor. He got a big towel to put down under my foot and of course I was crying like a baby, one for not cutting the light on and tracking blood all over the carpet and two because I was in so much pain!! I had a gash on the bottom part of my big toe. He rushed me to the hospital and I had quit crying. I had to have a tetnus shot and an antibiotic shot in the muscle on my rear which completely made me forget the pain in my foot. The nurse said, "At least it will take your mind off your foot for a while. (YOU THINK?) I had ask the nurse would they numb my foot before giving me stitches and she said, "Oh sure honey, you want feel a thing." Yeah right :( After about an hour here she comes with the longest needle I have ever laid eyes on and a bunch of gauze, tools etc. I thought she would put some numbing cream on before inserting the needle but she poked the needle way down on the side of my toe and I jerked back, I could have had a stroke or heart attack!! If that wasn't bad enough she did it on the other side! Well, after about 15-20 min., I was numb and she started to stitch my toe back together.Of course, I started crying again when she shot me with the needle. Here it is Saturday, still in pain trying to only take the pain meds every 6-8 hours because I only have 10. My toe is still throbbing and painful but not as bad as when it happened. I'm suppose to go back to get the stitches out next Friday. I haven't figured out how but hopefully I will have recovered by then to drive myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ohhhh OUCH! You poor dear! It sounds terrible! I hope your feeling better by now, If it were me I would of eaten the pain pills and called for more!! I can't stand (no pun intended!) pain, seriously I can't. Now how can you make all the wonderful cards you've been making if your toe hurts!! Hope you feel better by now! Louella
ReplyDelete